November 01, 2005
 
november seems odd

Man. This catching-up-on-my-marking shit is killing me. Yesterday I marked until 9:30, when I just about keeled over in exhaustion. (I finished the pile on my lunch. Tomorrow = more of the same.) Yep, Rocketbride the former goth club party girl spent Hallowe'en in the basement, hiding from trick-or-treaters and marking as if my life depended on it. My only companion? A video compilation featuring the Cure, courtesy (curetesy?) of Stacy. (Hey--didn't I spend Hallowe'en this way before?? Yes, but I didn't write about it, and no wonder.)

In addition to being the Goth High UnHoly Day, yesterday was also the date of my (please God) final evaluation. There are four evaluations that take place in a two-year cycle; thanks to my libertine maternity leave, I'm still in the process that started in 2002. By the time this is done I'll be ready for the next cycle, and how craptastic is that? I just hope that the written report will be as positive as the conversation I had with my evaluator after the lesson, and that it won't contain any nasty surprises. Other teachers get puff-pieces; I get that mythical permanent record that lists every minor infraction & misunderstanding.

"It also says here that you once picked up a dog and moved it around like a vacuum cleaner."
"I was seven!"
"Oh, it all goes on your permanent record, Mr. Simpson."

In crafty news, today marks the beginning of National Project Finishing-Off Month. The pile of knitted and yet unfinished pieces next to my knitting chair is threatening to go into double digits. I need some closure here, even if it means declaring a month of celebration and once again creating a massive grassroots movement of one.


- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/01/2005 07:34:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*