November 24, 2005
 
looking for the groove

I’ve had trouble finding my groove lately. (You may have picked up on that fact, since posted entries have trickled off and are now at a stand-still on November 1.) Last week I was rushing to finish report cards, and, well, when I get sick I REALLY get sick. I’ve been sniffling for 3 weeks, although I’m back to (relative) coherence this week. I’ve even begun taking interest in my classes again. Strange.

Today went so well with my 11 Faiths that the only people not taking part in the discussion around the meaning of the idea “catcher in the rye” were the two guys sleeping at the back and the Spanish girl. Hee. My life is fun sometimes.

Tonight was my mother’s birthday, so we all went to the Mandarin with my grandparents for the traditional glut. I think that this is the first time in years that I haven’t been angry enough to spit at my grandmother. (Not that I ever have. Spit, that is.) I think I’m taking my responsibilities toward Blake far less seriously than I used to; he seems much less vulnerable now, even when she’s plying him with apple pie and coffee cream. This was the first time in three years that I’ve had to go to my job after one of these nights. Sucks to be me, even if tomorrow is an early dismissal.

Blake was in fine form tonight, leaning all over his highchair, scattering crumbs hither & yon, and periodically yelling “Happy Birthday, Gramma!” in a wavery little voice. He was like a wee drunk, the life of the party. He makes me laugh, even when I don’t feel like it.

Listen, don’t feel bad. Today was the first day I’ve picked up a knitting project since Sunday. NaProFOMo is a miserable failure.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/24/2005 08:22:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*