November 20, 2005
 
autumnal/sad

"Ev'ry teddy bear who's been good is sure of a treat today..."

In case you haven't noticed, I've been sliding into a depression this fall. It started with the whole Goneril situation and has gathered stream over a long stretch of purpose-less days. I think it's been 2 weeks since I made even the most rudimentary plans for lessons. I think it's been 2 weeks since I started production on the personal snot factory that threatens to eliminate the nation's kleenex resources.

Anyway, I've been feeling:

  1. tired
  2. hopeless
  3. stressed-out
  4. over-committed
  5. slummy
  6. burnt-out
  7. angry and
  8. useless

This has not only taken away my motivation to teach, it has also made me anxious and helpless when I think about every other aspect of my life. This weekend we spent a big chunk of our free time cleaning up our basement, and it makes me feel so much better. I feel that tomorrow I can start taking care of the business I've let drift away these last two months. Things are easier with vacuumed floors.

Speaking of which, yesterday may have been the first time we vacuumed in Blake's living memory. He was fascinated by the process, as he is by any powerful activity. But within an hour, he was sobbing uncontrollably. We couldn't tell if it was taking one of his big toys to pieces to make more space, moving the big bed away from the wall (a.k.a. converting the family bed to a plain old mommy & daddy bed), a ferocious diaper rash, or refusing to let him take our screwdriver to bed.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/20/2005 08:26:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*