January 12, 2005
 
homebound

I had a pretty strong morning, but unfortunately, I forgot to eat and my energy fizzled out shortly after noon. It was a classic string of dumb decisions: I got up and read Blake several books before eating. Then I decided to put on laundry before eating. Then I decided to take a shower before eating. Then I decided to get myself and the baby dressed before eating. Then I decided to read Blake some more stories before eating. Then I decided to put on another load of laundry before eating. Then I decided to make my bed and pick up the bedroom before eating.

To make a long story short, I'd been motoring around at high speed for two hours before I hit the inevitable crash. It was most unfortunate for Blake, as he was needy & grabby by the time I had a hot plate in front of me. Let's just say that he had rather less of my patience then I like to give him. Poor baby.

I was also a little frustrated because I'd planned to go out in the morning and had to defer to the Boy's job search. By the time he was home and I was ready to leave, Nic needed the car to go to work. So I spent all day in a house with few groceries, too many chores, and a happy baby who loved to explore but hated any of the carefully-prepared baby food I tried to feed him. No endorphins for me.

During Blake's afternoon nap I managed to complete The Dark Tower. Wow. So, so bleak. The Boy is interested in reading the series now that I've explained a little to him, and I was moved to tell him to skip the last ending (there are three: a mythic ending, a fairytale ending and an existential ending). But I know he won't, and furthermore he'll probably really enjoy the desolation of the final chapter (this is, after all, the man who loved Infinite Jest, one of the bleakest novels I've ever read).

I...

I have nothing else to say. Bleak.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 1/12/2005 09:29:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*