March 29, 2004
 
not peter ustinov hot...

Wow, my teeth hurt. I think this is a first for me. I'm one of those annoying people with good dental genetics, so even though my oral hygiene habits have never been that thorough, I have all my own teeth & they're cavity free. (I also have one baby tooth still, but that's a story for another day. Or maybe I've already told it, who knows? Seven years is a long time to talk about myself!)

But last fall was the first time I'd been to the dentist in 3 years, so there was a lot of gunk on the chompers. They tried their best, but they just couldn't finish the cleaning. I was instructed to come back in 6 months, after I'd delivered myself of the Sprout.

Today I paid for my 3 years. The hygienist scraped my poor teeth until our hour was up. She had to change gloves partway through because of all the blood. It was a gorefest. Totally disgusting.

And of course, Blake chose this afternoon to be whiney. We had to stop the cleaning twice so that I could walk him around & calm his angry cries. In between, he spent 20 minutes sitting on the floor beside my chair & sucking on my fingers as the hygienist scraped away.

Good heavens, my teeth hurt.

In case the news is late getting to you, Peter Ustinov is dead. Before I saw his work in historical epics of every stripe, I knew him as Dr. Snuggles, friend to the animal world. Also, I'll have to retire one of my favourite comments: "he's hot. Not Peter Ustinov Hot, but hot." That never failed to crack up Dirk.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 3/29/2004 08:32:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*