February 03, 2004
 
rocketbaby is go!

The baboo woke up feeling under the weather today, so no fitness for us. It's weird – when he's sick, he's a "model" baby. He cries a bit, he sleeps a lot, he's always ready to eat, and in between all of this he has big smiles for everyone. All this and a snotty nose. What's not to love?

Ah, who am I kidding. I miss my big eyed, constantly curious, always in motion little guy. Even sleeping in his car seat (i.e. out of someone's arms) isn't a nice enough treat to compensate for the loss of my healthy Sprout.

Someone was showered with gifts from afar today!

Stacey & Nigel sent us a terrific care package from Texas that included Louisiana butt paste, Stacey's favourite book, a personally mixed CD, a variety of Burt's Bees samples for me and best of all, the world's coolest onesie! (Sorry black head shop onesie from Chicago; you got trumped by the Rocketbaby logo.)

I was thrilled to get some pampering stuff for my skin; we're using cloth diapers without a service, and rinsing out poopy cloths in an ice-cold toilet several times a day (plus washing my hands an average of a dozen times a day) is destroying my lily white debutante hands. And the almond milk hand crème makes me smell purty.

The CD was also a big hit. Listening to "Pink Elephants on Parade" & "Alligators All Around" was frightening – suddenly my head was crowded with animation I haven't thought of in years. Equally cool was discovering that I really like hearing Mr. Rogers sing ("You Are Special"). I spent a fair bit of time last night looking up the availability of the Nutshell Library by Maurice Sendak, "Free To Be You and Me," and "Really Rosie." I am such a seventies baby.

The only unfortunate part was that once we got Blake into his Rocketbaby uniform, he reacted much the same as the original Rocketbride - dressed appropriately, he slipped the surly bonds of earth and zoomed away!

Anyone seeing a flying baby is invited to contact us via this website. (Fans of Jay Stephens are especially encouraged to keep an eye out!)

Thanks Stacey & Nigel!!

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 2/03/2004 06:46:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*