February 23, 2004
 
oh, the humiliation...

The bun was a little sick today, so we nursed & rested as many hours as possible. He has the mildest possible version of my cold, but even the tiniest cold can clog his elfin nostrils. In fact, the only reason I got out of bed this morning was because he was freaking out - too clogged to nurse, too hungry to stop trying.

Despite his physical handicap, Blake mastered the difficult art of turning onto his side today. It's so freaky how he's developing from a tiny scrap of newborn flesh to a real person with noticeable tastes and a body partially under his own control. Soon he'll be shopping at big box stores and applying to York University. I'm going to enjoy this pre-walking period while I can.

Yesterday we went out to dinner with the whole family in honour of Nic's birthday. True to form, he really wanted us to go to the Indian restaurant where he eats most of his meals. (The boy is a trifle obsessive with food. And sports. And - well - everything.) I think I would've enjoyed the meal more if I hadn't spent the entire afternoon making furniture decisions for my dad. But we all had a fairly good time, and we can certainly say that we did something different this year. Besides, Blake was welcome there, so I can't say too many bad things about the experience.

(Except that I had to change the bunny on the floor of the bathroom. And while I was sitting on the cold tile, he peed on me. Again.)

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 2/23/2004 10:09:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*