February 10, 2004
 
exercise class of horrors

The Boy gets off the phone with Dirk

Boy: He broke up with [his woman].

Me: But I was being mature about it!!

Today we tried our first exercise class. I used to have a coworker at camp who would fling her arms over her head & cross them into a big X whenever you were about to do something wrong. I'm seeing her in my head right now. Baby & You class = big X.

It wasn't so much the class. It was my baby, who spent the morning smiling and then turned inconsolable. He was great for the first segment, but things went rapidly downhill after that. I missed the free weights (holding him while he cried), stretching (trying nursing for the first time) and songs (he refused to stop wailing). During the songs I tried walking him around (until he spit up on the floor), nursing & then a diaper change. The class – which I had started late because I had to change a really poopy diaper as soon as we arrived – was now over. The instructor came over to try a tummy massage and as soon as he calmed down, he peed on the three of us. And in the 20 minutes it took me to get him into a new outfit & clean diaper, he started crying again. Oh yes, he saved his best for me.

All this in an hour. It was like the Hindenburg disaster, only with more bodily fluids.

I'm just lucky this didn't happen the first time I tried to get out with him – I'd never have left the house again.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 2/10/2004 04:22:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*