January 04, 2004
 
cribs, guilt & some photos with me in them

A quiet day. I spent most of the evening cleaning out Blake’s crib, a much needed chore as we’ve been piling baby gifts in it for weeks. (At least we retained some floorspace during the holidays). But it’s time to use it. I’m tired of putting Blake down to sleep in his cradle, only to have the rocking motion wake him up again. I don’t feel very strongly about this cradle in the first place; it’s a loan from my aunt, and every baby born in my father’s family after 1975 has slept in it. Now that we’ve put in 4 weeks, I can give it back with a clear conscience. Blake mostly sleeps on us anyway.

This brings up the topic of gifts in general and my strange feelings of guilt in particular. We’ve been showered, besieged, buried in gifts this month. Quite a few clothes, a fair number of books, a sprinkling of cash and of course, an avalanche of stuffed toys. I can’t even count how many stuffed animals we’ve received – enough to fill 2 bookshelves, and considering that most of the toys are the size of my fist, that’s quite a few. And while I really appreciate the generosity of each giver, I’m taken aback by the sheer volume of stuff my baby has acquired (and that consequently I have to take care of). If he plays with a third of these items I’d be very surprised.

I don’t know why this should make me feel guilty, but there it is. I can’t look at them without feeling overwhelmed. Then again, sometimes the thought of eating toast is overwhelming...so I have to take myself with a grain of salt these days.



attack of the man-eating baby!!

Some pictures from New Year’s Eve, courtesy of my best girl Stacy:

The Boy & his boy
Blake & I are big goofs
Diaper changes for all!
I love my crankypants baby
I really do!!



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*