December 13, 2003
 
blog blake afternoon

This is the Boy demonstrating the fingerfeeding rig we use with Blake after his regular breast feedings.

Blake looks concerned because he has just realized how stupid his mommy & daddy really are. Mommy just put on his nightgown backwards and Daddy needed 5 minutes of intensive coaching before he could recognize and fetch lotion.

"Uh...Baby Oil?"

"Lotion."

"We've got zincofax..."

"Lotion."

Finally he brought up an array of products. "Okay. Here's baby oil. Baby wash. And lotion."

I looked at him, trying my best to keep the stinkeye under wraps. I've got a really effective stinkeye from 12 non-consecutive months of teaching teenagers, and I've been using it an awful lot lately.

Fortunately, after a minute of my mostly-calm gaze, he gave me the lotion.

I told Blake that he should have checked out his mommy & daddy before he chose them. But he decided to go with the funky haircuts and the wildly inappropriate literary allusions instead of checking for value. What can I say...he's definitely our baby.

This afternoon we asked if he were hungry & he flashed us the sign of the devil. I think we'll keep him.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 12/13/2003 04:16:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*