December 11, 2003
 
crash

It's day 3. Locasta (our second midwife) just left after Blake's big Day3 visit. This is the visit when they look at my stitches, talk to me about paperwork a bit and most importantly, determine if he's thriving. Everything was great until we got him in the spring scale: he's lost a full pound of his birth weight, and that's just on the edge of acceptable. I've been flying so frigging high over the last few days, completely confident that he's beautiful & thriving & suckling like a champ so I can relax. Hearing this made me crash hard.

It's dealable. We have strategies in place, including pumping between feedings & supplimenting with this when he just wants to suck between nursing. We can probably turn this around in a week.

But we have to buy formula. And I keep thinking about all of the times I let him stop nursing after twenty minutes and I just want to die. This is, I suppose, what post-partum depression is like.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 12/11/2003 05:43:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*