August 23, 2005
 
aka!

Day two of Vacation Bible School. This thing is kicking my ass: I feel like I’ve been ridden hard and put away wet. And yet I’m doing a lot better this year, as I’ve adjusted my expectations suit the flood of 6-year-olds. I’ve also become a ninja of non sequitur: conversing with Blake means constantly searching for the lucid thread in his ramblings, and I’m much better at keeping my VBS presentations on topic despite strange interruptions.

Blake is also doing quite well. He enjoys running around with older kids, exploring the church on his own when I’m busy, dancing to the songs, and yelling the Swahili call-back “Aka!” to the theme of the day (don’t ask). I think it’s also good for him to hear the Lord’s name in a respectful (i.e. non-swearing) context.

The one detail I’d like to change is what I perceive as a morbid interest in my return to work. I’m not suffering panic attacks (that’s good, you say), but I would like to get through a day without anyone asking when I’m going in to set up my room. Bite me, small talkers. Goneril (my principal) expects me to be around for most of the last week of August in my capacity as SAC advisor. I can’t think of any place I want to be less than Hogsboro High in the last week of summer for registration, but. At least “SAC Advisor looks hella-good on my resumé. I’m hoping it will give me the wings to fly out of there for good next spring.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 8/23/2005 08:29:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*