August 14, 2005
 
shplicka

I don’t have a lot to say about today. It was a pretty typical Sunday: I got up, got Blake ready for church, watched him while he slept through everything, avoided the coffee hour, ate lunch with my parents, crafted & houseworked the afternoon away, had a fight with my mother when dinner wasn’t ready, and put Blake to sleep late (although to be fair, the Boy did a great deal of the childcare in the latter part of the day as I was in charge of the early afternoon.)

There will be better stories this coming week. With Scherezade in town, my sense of style demands no less. Anyway, 2 short observations about Blake’s developing sense of humour.

  1. After lunch, Blake asked to nurse. As we settled into an easy chair, I nuzzled his face, sniffing loudly to make him giggle.

    Me: You smell like pasta!
    Blake: You smell like pasta!
    M: What do I smell like?
    B: You smell like...glasses!
    M: I smell like glasses?
    B: You smell like eyebrow!

    There you have it: Eyebrow!--the new scent from Further adventures of Rocketmom.

  2. He also became enamoured of the non-word “Shplicka” this weekend, the repetition of which he found endlessly hilarious. It is a pretty funny word, especially when the toddler in your life goes into gales of giggles every time anyone says it.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*