August 21, 2005
 
top eleven

Top Eleven Reasons why my 5th Anniversary Rocked:

11. Because I had an afternoon of babysitting, so I was calm & collected by the time the Boy found me.

10. Because this may be selfish, but swag! I got some excellent presents: 3 CD's (Nick Cave, Pixies & Scissor Sisters) and Chester Brown's Louis Riel. Ee!

9. Because every year I frame a wedding photo in the anniversary material and this year (wood) was criminally easy. Do you know how hard I had to work for a leather frame? This year I just walked into Viktor Gallery. All they carry are wooden frames.

8. Because I got to pack a picnic that included a large tarte from Clafouti and champagne I won at Hogsboro High.

7. Because I was finally able to make it to Romni Wool and buy most of my Christmas present yarns. Nic's hat ("Hot Head," for those in the know) is already knitted as of press time.

6. Because the torrential rains couldn't wash it away or melt it like sugar (although they did take care of the Shakespeare in the Park idea).

5. Because I spent the entire afternoon wandering Queen West with Scherezade, whose eyes slowly contracted as the day wore on. We had to leave Posepod (the new Garden clothing store) because the UV clothing was hurting her.

4. Because I gathered the courage for my first-ever bikini wax, and managed to find an aesthetician who made me laugh so much that the experience was more rollicking than torturous. (And it was wicked painful, let me tell you.)

3. Because the waiter in Amato's began his service by complimenting the uniqueness of my cell-phone cozy and later did a wacky jig. He was one of those top-flight intuitive waiters who knows what you want the moment you catch his eye and is already in motion. A girl could fall in love. Also, there's nothing better that yelling "dance! dance!" in a half-empty restaurant.

2. Because I had dinner with my sweetie in Barberian's, the finest steakhouse of my experience. This year we ordered the Chateau Briande and it changed my understanding of God. We went home sated and sleepy, the way one should leave Barberian's. I kind of miss the kitten tumble, but anniversaries are much better in pairs than groups.

1. Because we're doing so much better this year than we were last year. The trajectory of our marriage is on the rise again, which is an utterly blessed thing.


- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 8/21/2005 07:55:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*