July 21, 2004
 
projects, we got projects

Today has been all about the projects. I have several on the go right now: designing & creating t-shirts for the bachelor party, finally sending a package to Javina, designing a web page for Amy, writing a checklist of baby supplies for Edmonton, doing a mountain of laundry & cleaning up my desk. What have I finished? Er.

The inkjet is out of black ink, so there's no printing to be done right now. The package is missing a few items & I can't get to the post office at this time of night anyway. The web page is mostly done, although I'm stuck for divider ideas. The checklist, I fear, will never be written. The laundry is folded, but not put away. My desk IS A DISASTER. It used to be just a lower-case disaster when we moved here & I made it a repository of all my unfiled papers, but then I piled up even more stuff for 6 straight months, so it deserves capital letters. Unfortunate: I lost my Cure tickets somewhere in this slag heap. Fortunate: I just found my watch in the midst of said slag.

Blech. Productivity is overrated.

Third swimming lesson today. We don't like going underwater, oh no we don't. We fussed so much that we almost left the pool early. I hope I haven't traumatized the baby; he wasn't his usual kicky self after the dunkings. But there was no throwing up, so at least we kept face in front of the other moms. And I remembered to bring both a towel and dry underwear. Score.

This afternoon I took a nap that should've been longer & cooked a vichyssoise out of the Joy of Cooking. (Until yesterday I didn't realize that vichyssoise was just leek soup with an inferiority complex. Now that I know how easy it is to make snotty-sounding dishes, I just may branch out to soufflés or something.) I also worked on my projects and shivered a whole lot. Damn basement collects all the cold air while the hot air goes to the bedroom level to party. I have to wear a sweater on an 80-degree day because my mom can't sleep in her heatbox.

Hmmm. Suddenly I have a lot more sympathy for Female Crazy Neighbour and her constant complaining about the "bad air" we sent downstairs. Now that's a thought that'll make you shiver!

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 7/21/2004 10:58:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*