July 10, 2009
 
a paean to summer life, as experienced on my couch

Sitting next to the stereo, listening to the second side of Feel Good Lost vinyl backed with the birdsong out the window. Knitting a classic Zimmerman design with Socks That Rock yarn, yarn so good that every stitch is a joy. Every time I knit StR, it's on a deadline. I don't care; I'm loving my big ribbed slab of leg. Blake is at his last morning of summer Nature Camp and I'm taking the morning off after a week of housecleaning and errand running.

If I could bottle this kind of contentment, I would give myself tiny sips during the winter and ration it until the new summer.

Labels: , ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*