May 11, 2009
 
nothing a pair of scissors can't fix

I ♥ my new camera. We will be getting matching tattoos and having lots of babies.

evildoers, you face the tick

lilacs

tulip

jeff

ch ch chick

fritata

truelove

More if you click through…

While I'm all about the love, I should say that the other new thing that stuck its claws into my brain, locked into my pleasure centre & shakes it these days is DIG! LAZARUS DIG!! Mason & I went to the concert last October, and even not knowing the new songs, I remember being surprised by how much it all rocked. I can take or leave the ballads he does; some are brilliant and some put me to sleep, and judging from the concerts I've been to since the late 90's, I'd expected this concert to have a healthy dose of quiet piano work.

This album is loud and frenetic and wild. He does things with his vocals that I haven't heard since the early Bad Seeds, or the Birthday Party. Every song on that disc is a different soundtrack to fuel my supercool daydreams in which I drive really fast, lay waste to hearts, smoke unfiltered cigarettes and never have to stop to do laundry for a small boy who finds it more convenient to use his shirt than find a napkin. Each song is a different flavour of manic, overlain with the threat of crushing sadness.

Despite the smoking hotness of "Let Love In" era Cave, I think I even prefer watching balding, mustachioed "Lazarus" Cave. He's putting out the best music of his life, he still dances like a spaz, and he's funnier than ever. I never dreamed there was an album like this left in him.

Labels: ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*