July 16, 2008
 
afloat

I got Blake back today! We spent the day in typical fashion: baking, eating, napping (him), internet surfing (me), watering our weedy garden, weeding ineffectively and going to swim lessons. This year Blake’s in a tiny class – so tiny, in fact, that he was the only one there. Today was my first lesson, so I don’t know if that will hold, but for today he got a private lesson and he really shone. I couldn’t believe that the same kid who was clinging to my neck for dear life a week ago was kicking and floating on his back with the help of a foam dumbbell. The instructor didn’t even have to touch him. I was so proud.

Tomorrow: digging in the dirt and more baking. I’m trying out the recipes in Deceptively Delicious and something has gone wrong both times. I’m determined to make this work, and I’m determined to produce a banana bread that doesn’t suck. This is not a book that forgives my careless cookery in the way that the Loony Spoons people so often do. I need to bring my game up.

Labels: ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*