December 04, 2008
 
my heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains

Slowly recovering my mojo after a week of what my doctor calls a chest infection and what I call the consumption. Thanks to antibiotics, I find myself in little need of laudanum and the complete works of Keats...well, in as little need as I am normally, which is considerably higher than none. I even spent two consecutive days off work this week, extending my regular not-fun weekend into a 4 day not-fun weekend. The coughing - oh, the coughing. I'm lucky I have any lungs left, and that my throat didn't secede in the bargain. But I've been dancing, and I've been mothering, and I keep reminding myself that I was considerably worse off last year at this time despite relative good health. If I managed to stay awake past 6:30 last year it was a major victory.

Blake is improving in class, although we continue to get notes about his progress. I'm starting to dislike his teacher, although I do my best not to show it in front of Blake. Teachers are the worst parents to have - we know all the system flaws and we judge other teachers more harsly than anyone else would dare. Trying not to let my bile choke me. Trying hard.

Labels: ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*