March 12, 2006
 
socked down again

On Friday, I CO for Dirk's Skullegant Sox. Here's a strange, messed-about picture of the emergent cuff, which features Fair Isle skulls & crossbones.


This sock continues to be plagued with gauge problems; hours after this photo was taken I frogged the whole thing. I'll have to start again with more stitches as this sock was simply too small. (I did have a persuasive vision of Dirk wandering fetish nights with these socks in hand, trying to find a Sinderella with cloven hooves to fit these tiny things. Alas, I'd rather give him socks that fit.)

I'm just going to have to call him and let him know that he's not getting his birthday present on his birthday. It's not like this is unprecedented: he regularly gives me my birthday/Christmas present(s) 6 months or more after the date. It keeps the whole year magical, I suppose.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 3/12/2006 10:06:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*